Saturday 27 June 2009

Taste of London

Ok so this is a bit delayed but I'm still reeling from the amazing time I had last weekend at Taste of London in Regent's Park...YUM!!!! My lovely friend Melanie from work, the author of fab food blog om nom London won some VIP tickets and she was kind enough to take me along. See Melanie's blog for a full run down of what we ate, but I can give you my main memories of the day.

First off was a rabbit stew from Hereford Road, which was great in flavour, but a bit sloppy and full of bones for us.

We then had some great samples from Almondy and The Curry Company, plus a young's pie which was beautifully rich on the inside and flaky on the outside...perfect.

My favourites however, were the pork from Asia de Cuba and the cold pumpkin and crab soup from Pied a Terre ... simply delicious.

In between all this, we managed to take advantage of the VIP tent, supping champagne and partaking of neck and back massages, both complementary, and both fabulous.

The great thing about the Taste of London is the fact that everyone gets involved, and everyone is welcome. yes ok so it takes a bit of money to get there, but in terms of attitude, I didn't find it as snobby and exclusive as I expected. The chefs and kitchen staff were friendly, chatty and welcoming, and the other guests all seemed gracious in queues and looked genuinely happy to be there.

I might even buy my own tickets next year...coming?


p.s Technorati says if I post this it will boost my blog profile.... nyzfu5mtdx

No comments:

Post a Comment