Monday 8 June 2009

The customer's always..right??

Wow, it's been a while. Hmmm. I seem to have slipped back into the 'wake, work, eat, sleep' mode, which is not a good thing but inevitable I suppose.

I had a brilliant customer service call today. Abel and Cole rag me, because I set up an account last week, and made an order, then cancelled just before the payment stage because I realised I was going to be on holiday (d'oh...). Anyway, this very nice chap called me today and casually asked me if I was having problems, could he help, just to introduce me to the service...yada yada. I was very impressed. You see, the problem with most customer service people is that they either try and be super efficient, which often comes over as unfriendly and patronising, or they can't give a monkeys.

I HATE bad customer service. Having worked in a supermarket once, I can't understand why or how people who work in shops can even contemplate not acknowledging or saying hello to thier customers, talking to colleagues while serving, or even (and this really winds me up) taking mobile phone calls whilst in the middle of a transaction. Appalling. I know I sound like a prude, but really - are we so 'advanced' in our society now that we don't even need to make contact with people while we serve them at the supermarket?

Anyway, I digress into the negative because it's often easier to do so than focus on the positive. But, Mr Abel and Cole, you were extremely impressive - you didn't try too hard, didn't gush over me, and you only stayed on the phone as long as I wanted to. Top marks, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment