Friday 22 May 2009

Telly-vision

Why is it that a TV programme can sometimes make me feel as good as meeting an old friend, or spending a really nice night with my fiance or my family? Is it sad that sometimes, looking at a small box (well, actually, my TV is enormous - old and unsexy, but enormous, yet that's besides the point) can evoke in me the same emotions and feelings of comfort as more, well less face it, legitimate pleasures?

I sit here, wearing old clothes and hugging a cup of tea, and pass the hours watching a mindless soap or drama, or going goggled eyed over the latest reality-let's pick-the-best-out-of-a-bad-bunch music / model / entrepreneur show, and it actually makes me feel really, really relaxed and happy. I read constantly that such shows are 'drivel', 'brainless' and 'dire', but what if mindless and unchallenging is exactly what I need after a long day? I take comfort in the fact that I don't need to strain to understand these programmes, be disturbed, shocked or frightened by them, or feel uncomfortable with the subjects they deal with.

Don't get me wrong, sometimes I love to watch programmes that challenge, educate and confront me - I like to learn, I'm not afraid of tough topics and I'm not averse to being proved wrong or have my views altered by what I see. There are days when this kind of viewing is what I need, what I crave.

But sometimes, just sometimes, give me a cuppa and American Idol and I'm the happiest girl in the world. Oh and maybe throw in a biscuit. Covered in chocolate.

7 comments:

  1. Kabar Baik Untuk Para pencinta Game
    Karena di Bulan januari ini Sudah keluar Game RPG Online Terpopuler Se-Asia
    Penasarankan Game nya Seperti apa???
    Kalian bisa dilihat game nya dari link di bawah yaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. artikelnya sangat bagus, terima kasih telah membagi informasi tersebut

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah begitulah, backlink dari google ini memang perlu untuk kita kejar dan kita dapatkan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mau mendapatkan pelayanan yang baik dan ramah???

    Modal Kecil bisa mendapatkan hasil yg luar biasa...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Menarik sekali, perlu saya coba ini..
    kebetulan lagi cara tentang hal ini.

    ReplyDelete
  6. makasih gan buat infonya dan semoga bermanfaat

    ReplyDelete
  7. keren mas buat infonya dan salam sukses selalu

    ReplyDelete