Monday 25 May 2009

recipe for bliss

Ah, the joys of youth..when I was so sure I would grow up to be an independent-minded, career driven girl with no desire to stay at home and cook. What did I do today? Cooked a big lunch and spent the afternoon baking brownies...haha!

But seriously, there is a serious pleasure to be had in cooking. I never really cooked much when I was younger, I guess it came from having an HE teacher as a mother! She was so good I was happy to leave it all to her! But as I've moved away, got older and found my own man to cook for (oh the feminist in me is groaning, and the man himself is even protesting because he actually would love to cook if I let him in the kitchen), I've discovered a real love for cooking.

Whether it's the long drawn out joys of a roast dinner (the cooking is drawn out; the eating takes a frustrating 5 minutes!) or the 'will it rise, will it collapse' traumas of baking, I find I can really escape from stress and throw myself into cooking, it completely takes me over and I'm as happy as Larry. However happy he is.

Brownie anyone? Before the other half eats them all?

1 comment:

  1. Oi! What's this about me eating them all?

    ReplyDelete